Community impact is a core focus for the Ballarat Foundation. We measure our success by the level of positive impact we create.
To name just three headline achievements of the past 12 months, we saw:
- Distributions to community projects and programs which exceeded $230,000 – an increase of 37% on 2019 levels;
- An immediate and meaningful response to community needs created by COVID19, including growth in partnerships through program delivery including emergency food relief.
- Adaption of fundraising and engagement activities to online models which allowed the continuation of services despite the health and economic impacts of the global pandemic.
Our work to facilitate better community outcomes through our established L2P, Ballarat Reads and Volunteering Ballarat programs continues.
Through these programs, we have been able to connect more than 3000 individuals and businesses with the Ballarat Foundation and make a difference to our community.
The partnership with Ballarat Community Health, the Salvation Army, the City of Ballarat and local schools to deliver hundreds of food parcels at the height of the pandemic is symbolic of the Foundation’s ability to respond to, and support, community needs.
In 2020, all of our activity translated into direct impact on the causes and organisations we support.
Some of community impact highlights include:
- The gifting of more than $230,000 in grants to more than 20 not-for-profit and community organisations through our various grant programs and sub funds;
- Helping children to build a love of books and reading, with more than 2800 books delivered through Dolly Parton's Imagination Library program;
- Distributing $17,000 in vouchers to ensure some of our most vulnerable families have what their children need for school;
- Supporting 27 young drivers to graduate through the L2P program, obtaining a licence, with the guiding help of more than 90 volunteer mentors.
- Supporting the volunteering sector through promotion and building capability of more than 50 volunteer agencies.
2021 at a glance
L2P licenses obtained