Community impact is a core focus for the Ballarat Foundation. We measure our success by the level of positive impact we create.
To name just three headline achievements of the past 12 months:
- We announced a new partnership with 3BA 102.3FM to become the steward of the Ballarat Winter and Christmas Appeals, providing a tax deductible and sustainable strategy to ensure the appeals continue to support thousands of Ballarat families.
- The launch of the 2022 Vital Signs report. Ballarat Vital Signs is a community pulse check utilising data to provide insights on important social indicators within Ballarat and surrounding regions.
- We secured $1.047 million grant from the Regional Infrastructure Fund to support the creation of the Ballarat Community Hub in Lydiard St. building works will commence in 2023.
Our work to facilitate better community outcomes through our established L2P, Ballarat Reads and Volunteering Ballarat programs continues.
Through these programs, we have been able to connect more than 3000 individuals and businesses with the Ballarat Foundation and make a difference to our community.
The partnership with Ballarat Community Health, the Salvation Army, the City of Ballarat and local schools to deliver hundreds of food parcels at the height of the pandemic is symbolic of the Foundation’s ability to respond to, and support, community needs.
In 2022, all of our activity translated into direct impact on the causes and organisations we support.
Some of community impact highlights include:
- The gifting of more than $358,000 in grants to more than 20 not-for-profit and community organisations through our various grant programs and sub funds;
- Helping children to build a love of books and reading, with more than 3800 books delivered through Dolly Parton's Imagination Library program;
- Distributing $53,000 in vouchers to ensure some of our most vulnerable families have what their children need for school;
- Supporting 71 young drivers to graduate through the L2P program, obtaining a licence, with the guiding help of more than 90 volunteer mentors.
- Supporting the volunteering sector through promotion and building capability of more than 50 volunteer agencies.
2022 at a Glance